- A status bar in the GUI now provides better insight into how far along your job has progressed and the pace at which its progressing.
- You no longer need to provide your app token as part of the authentication; you can simply keep your email and password.
- The date format of yyyy-MM-dd is now included as a default value in the advanced options when mapping your columns.
- Dates with commas now have improved support.
- Port jobs can once again be run to copy a dataset from a domain where a user does not have write access to a domain where a user does have write access. For example, if you wanted to copy a public-facing dataset from one site onto the site where you are a data publisher.
This release of DataSync updates the Port Job functionality to use a faster and more reliable code path. The UI remains unchanged.
To set up a new port job, go to File > New > Port Job. Full documentation available here: http://socrata.github.io/datasync/guides/setup-port-job.html
Note, new Port Jobs will port derived views as parent datasets.