SSToolkit is a grab bag of iOS goodness. It used to be a giant collection of classes that I started in 2008. This was getting out of hand. That version is completely deprecated. (Read more on that.)
Now SSToolkit is made up of several libraries you can use independently. SSToolkit is now just a header file and a podspec with dependencies for each library.
Here’s what’s included:
- SAMAddressBar — Clone of Safari's address bar from iOS 6.
- SAMBadgeView — Simple badge view.
- SAMGradientView — Easy gradients in UIKit.
- SAMHUDView — Kinda okay HUD.
- SAMLabel — UILabel with vertical alignment and text insets.
- SAMLoadingView — Simple loading view.
- SAMCircleProgressView — Determinate, circular progress view.
- SAMRateLimit — Simple utility for only executing code every so often.
- SAMTextField — Handy UITextField additions like insetting text.
- SAMTextView — Add a placeholder to UITextView.
- SAMWebView — Push UIWebView to its limits.
- SAMCategories — A collection of useful Foundation and UIKit categories.
Several of these libraries have had big improvements since their abstraction from SSToolkit.