Would like to see how SoftLayer API can help on your cloud automating tasks? Are you ready for a demonstration? Fasten your seat belts!
This project is a Ruby on Rails application that offers the possibility to interact to SoftLayer API, exposing a web interface and showing some tasks using your API key, and you give the rules.
To run on your machine you need to follow the steps below:
- bundle install (to install Ruby dependencies)
- no need to configure database (we are not persisting any data)
- rails s
- Access http://localhost:3000/
- Login with your API Key
If you'd like to test in a production environment, it's normal rails deployment, set
SECRET_KEY_BASE variable and run
rake assets:precompile, that's it!
Don't worry about logging with your API user and key, because Stratos was develop to avoid data leakage, so we assume some premisses:
- We store your API user and key as a cookie on your browser (vanished when you close your browser)
- Cookies are signed with rails app key and stored in encrypted form, check this page for more info on cookies
- API Key won't be saved on log, as you log, Rails will replace and show
- We connect to SoftLayer API using HTTPS
- Support creation of Cloud Servers
- Support creation of Hourly Bare Metal
- DNS Support
- Support creation of more complex Bare Metal packages
- Tickets Interaction
- Release 0.1
- (Unofficial) SoftLayer Client
SoftLayer is a (unofficial) ruby library to talk to SLAPI, it has high level Ruby models, and its the core of this application, if you're a ruby programmer and want to automate some SoftLayer task, we do really recommends you to check it!
- Twitter bootstrap
Using twitter bootstrap in the simplest possible way, so it makes easir for you to customize the views.
As its own description Trailblazer is a thin layer on top of Rails. It gently enforces encapsulation, an intuitive code structure and gives you an object-oriented architecture., so it makes easier to create the integration layer between Rails and SoftLayer API once we don't use ActiveRecord/ActiveModel.
TODO: Write CONTRIBUTING file
You can get in touch in #softlayer at freenode.
TODO: Should create a google groups or mailing for questions and leave GH just for bugs?
Questions and Bug reports
If you have any question, please open an issue! If you discover any bugs, feel free to create an issue on GitHub. Please add as much information as possible to help us fixing the possible bug. We also encourage you to help even more by forking and sending us a pull request.
- Celso Fernandes (https://github.com/fernandes)
MIT License. Copyright (c) 2015 IBM Corporation.