- Displays repo size.
- Displays each file size for every active branch (not applicable for folder / symlink).
- Show download link for each individual file (not applicable for folder / symlink).
- Copy file's contents directly to Clipboard (just won't work for markdown files).
- Download file while viewing it's contents.
Github API Rate Limiting
Since this extension fetches data using Github public v3 API for showing file size and download_url, it consumes free quota which is very less Github API Rate Limiting.
To tackle this, create a new Github Access Token.
- If logged-in, visit https://github.com/settings/tokens
- Generate a new token, select
reposcope and create a one.
- Copy and store the generated token which looks something like:
17c1a8d5b399d66b6212382d98d4c67a94d58955(a fake one :P).
Go to chrome://extensions, find github-plus and click on
Enter the valid Github Access Token
- Click on
SAVEand Enjoy the benefits.
This Chrome extension will automatically pick this valid access token and Bingo!
Screenshot of each file size and it's download link
Screenshot of Copy fle contents and download link
- Clone this repo
gulpfor generating packaged folder specifically for extension stuff.
- Go to chrome extensions chrome://extensions
- Enable developer mode
- Click on load unpacked extension and select the generated folder.
- [Admin Access Only] - run
gulp zipfor generating zip file to be uploaded on Chrome Web Store.
PRs are most welcome :)
v0.1.1 - 13th Aug, 2016
- Initial Launch
v0.1.2 - 14th Aug, 2016
- fix bug file on commits/ url
v0.1.3 - 14th Aug, 2016
- fix focus effect on up-tree not removing blank td while navigating #3
v0.1.4 - 20th Aug, 2016
- Better way of adding Github Access token - click extension or click options - Github Plus after opening chrome://extension
v0.1.5 - 22nd Aug, 2016
- Show repo size on Github's repo homepage
- bugfix of default branch other than master
v0.1.6 - 27th Aug, 2016
- fix not showing repo size when navigating back; fix no hash change detection
Copyright and License
The MIT license (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2016 Varun Malhotra
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.