Updates as of 20 March 2016: I have originally created this so that the Gulp community would be able help each other to find solutions to common use-cases. I have since moved away from Gulp to Webpack for most of my work, and have not been actively participating in Gulp's latest activities (I'm not knocking on Gulp, it is still a useful tool. Webpack just works well for my case).
Some (most? or all?) of the recipes in this repo has not been updated for a while, and may not work as expected. But I do hope that those in the Gulp community still help each other grow, and I'd be very happy to accept PRs for any existing or new recipes. Or even a new maintainer =)
Not your typical collection of gulp recipes for your streaming build.
Rather than having a big 'ol
gulpfile.js with a ton of
- each recipe is a standalone folder,
- with its own
gulpfile.jsand minimal set of
- healthy pinch of comments,
- comes along with real examples that you can
gulpto see it in action,
- a big serving of
cd to a recipe folder,
gulp and slurp away.
- Enough with the plugins wrapping over an existing library, created just for convenient's sake.
- Vanilla node modules over wrappers.
- If an existing library can be vinyled, tapped, plumbered, transformed from/to buffers and/or streams, let there be a recipe for it.
- A lot of recipe snippets laying around the web; most are working off the bat. Some needs a little bit more pizzazz. And pizzas.
How to use
gulp-nodemonto serve an ExpressJS app for live-reloaded development.
How to use vanilla
browserifyand stop using
How to use vanilla
browserify(and its friends) to separate codebase into multiple bundles for better build times.
A list of gulp-y recipes for unnecessary wrapper gulp-* plugins
npm install -g gulp
git clone https://github.com/sogko/gulp-recipes cd gulp-recipes [sudo] npm install # some modules require sudo to install on some machines
Running a recipe example
cd browser-sync-nodemon-expressjs gulp
Other recipe collections / recipes
- A collection of recipes maintained by
- A couple of excellent recipes in CoffeeScript maintained by
All are most welcome! Pull requests, issues, contributors and snacks, bring 'em to the party!