To illustrate how Solid would work it helps to look at this in terms of the UserStories published by the Social Web WG.
For each user story we will
- recapitulate the story
- give one or more ways of doing this with LDP
- list protocol or vocabulary features that need to be developed to make this functional
- point to (known) implementations
For the initial write up of the stories we will assume that the clients prefer Turtle formats ( because that is what bblfish himself is most comforable writing ).
A list of stories:
- User Profile Management
- Kim creates a personal profile with her name, avatar picture, and home town.
- Kim updates her profile to include her job title, phone number and company name.
- Kim reconsiders her personal privacy boundaries; she updates her profile to remove her phone number.
- Private Sharing
- Ian wants to share a file with Jane
- Ian posts the file file to his site with it set to only show to Jane.
- Jane receives a notice that Ian has shared a file with her.
- Jane views the file and decides to leave a thank you comment on the file for Ian