Timothy Kempf edited this page
Nov 13, 2013
Clone this wiki locally
Solidus is a lightweight server for building dynamic sites with data from APIs. Here's a short list of reasons to use it:
- You can pull in data from lots of third party services, like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
- You can separate your site's data from its presentation. Using a central data store like Contentful you can store your data in one place, then syndicate it in many places, including a Solidus site.
- You can develop sites locally by running Solidus on your computer.
- You can easily run Solidus on services like Modulus, Heroku, and Nodejitsu.
- Uses the powerful Handlebars templating language, along with the Handlebars Helper library for convenience.
Solidus is still under development. If you have comments or questions, please reach out to us in our IRC channel: #solidus on irc.freenode.net