v0.1 : February 25th, 2011 - Initial release
Corruptimator™ is a bunch of Bash scripts loosely cobbled together in an attempt to simplify and automate the process of assembling a movie from five years' worth of images generated by CORRUPT™.
Please be careful with this software. If you don't know what you're doing, you can easily make a big mess or lose important data. Your use of this software is entirely at your own risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages that may be incurred. You have been warned!
This has only been tested on Mac OS X 10.6 and no guarantees whatsoever are given that it will run at all anywhere else. However it should work on any POSIX-compliant operating system including Linux.
The following software is also needed:
- Choose a place somewhere on your hard drive to locate the working folder. e.g. /tmp/CORRUPTIMATOR
- Update the $base_dir value in the five Bash scripts to point to the correct path as chosen in step 1
- Copy the corrupted images from the web/FTP server into /tmp/CORRUPTIMATOR/01_all_corrupted
- Copy timeout3.sh to somewhere in your path (e.g. ~/bin/timeout3) and change its permissions to allow execution (chmod u+x ~/bin/timeout3).
- Open a Terminal window and execute the following commands in order:
Clean up filenames
Removes any illegal characters from the filenames
Generates symbolic links to the cleaned-up filenames, named according to image creation date
Resize images to the desired output video frame size (currently hard-coded to 1024x576)
Create a consecutively numbered image sequence
This is currently hard-coded to generate 24fps video in an MP4 container at 1800kbps.
- timeout3.sh: license unknown, taken from the Bash Cookbook, possibly GPLv3?
- everything else: The Unlicense
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.
Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
For more information, please refer to http://unlicense.org/