Modern, efficient menu for the MATE Desktop Environment.
This project is currently in very early (
v0.1.0) stages, and as such is under very heavy development. The primary motivation is to provide a very usable menu, as seen in other desktops, but without the bloat and/or performance problems that plague current offerings.
This project is being spearheaded by Solus, as a collaborative effort between the various MATE communities (chiefly, Ubuntu MATE) to reinvigorate the MATE Desktop with modern, first-class options. As such, Brisk Menu is a distro-agnostic desktop. Please ensure to report any issues of non portability!
brisk-menu is a Solus project.
Currently, very lacking! Remember, it's still in early development.
- Keyboard centric (mice welcome too, of course)
- Basic hotkey support (CTRL+F10) Needs fixing to support Super shortcut
- Efficient, useful searching.
- Automatically reload
- Filter via categories
- Session/screensaver controls
- Drag & drop support for launchers
- Fully correct
X11WM integration (grab policy and window types)
- Not Python.
Some items that are currently known to be definite options in the roadmap:
- Persistent storage of settings
- Option to disable category icons for modern look
- Configurable menu button icon + label on applet
- 'Favourite' item capability
- Improved styling for the window edge + search entry.
More will be added in time as we go along.
Copyright © 2016 Ikey Doherty, Solus Project.
brisk-menu is available under the terms of the
brisk_system-log-out-symbolic.svg icon is a copy of
to use within Brisk.