eopkg, the Solus package manager (a fork of eopkg).
This is not an effort to create "yet another package manager", it is instead
a current research effort for the successor to
eopkg, to create a modern
package manager to deal with the needs of today, and of Solus itself.
- Spend less time downloading
- Spend less time applying updates
- Don't ever break. (ABI, layout, config, etc.)
The Solus mantra is "Install today, update forever". We need a modern software and update management system to handle this in the most efficient manner for the user, to truly handle the needs of a modern rolling release designed for the ordinary user.
More details will be fleshed out as and when we've settled on them. In the mean time, don't panic. :]
sol is a Solus project
- Rename to something undumb (sol)
- Kill autotools with a shovel
- Move most of the existing eopkg code into a
- Add basic container format
- Implement basic install/remove ops
- Add first abstract DB implementation
- Start adding networking
- Introduce repo format + handling
- Add stuff to this TODO.
Copyright © 2016-2017 Ikey Doherty
LGPL-2.1. We're going to expose a library for others to use....