Source code for Reliable PubSub from http://somdoron.com/2015/09/reliable-pubsub.
So what Reliable PubSub really does:
- Trying to connect to multiple servers and pick the first one that reply with Welcome Message. Can be used as geo load balancer or to connect to less busy server.
- Recognize temporary connection drop (when Welcome Message arrived while the connection is up), the user can use that to request full snapshot, take a look at the Clone pattern from zeromq guide.
- Reconnect when the server is dead, will probably connect to the next closest server.
The Reliable PubSub is a good fit for:
- Financial Market Data (Forex/Stock Quotes)
- Social Stream
- Publishing changes to a client
If you implement the pattern in another language please send it to me and I will add a link to the post.