Sonatify is a single-page app powered by a Rails backend and React-Redux frontend. Conceived, designed and implemented over 10 days in September 2017, Sonatify provides a music-streaming platform for classical music lovers to listen to great music and connect with others.
Sonatify uses Rails 5 with a PostgreSQL database on the backend, with AWS S3 Cloud Storage for audio storage and access. On the front-end, a React component hierarchy enables on-the-fly DOM manipulation while Redux manages the application state.
The result of this architecture is a performant, scalable and modern web app.
- User authentication using
bcryptfor password encryption and session cookies
- Continuous track play
- Playlist CRUD operations
- Live asynchronous fuzzy track search
- User follows
Live asynchronous fuzzy track search
- Expand search: performers, composers, albums
- Add performer, composer, album details
- Include composition year in track info