wheel operating system
Wheel is an operating system, written mostly from scratch. Currently we support 64-bit Intel/AMD architecture.
Some features of wheel:
- multi-tasking (kernel mode and user mode)
- fixed-priority preemptive scheduling
- round-robin scheduling between tasks of the same priority
- support for symmetric multiprocessing (SMP)
Required tools and softwares:
- Linux/Unix environment, WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) also works.
- GCC cross compiler for x86_64 target, with names like
- GRUB, xorriso and mtools to make bootable iso image (also install
grub-pc-binon EFI systems).
- QEMU (or other virtual machine) to run the system.
To build and run wheel:
maketo generate kernel image
make isoto create ISO image
make runto run the OS with QEMU.
make cleanto delete all generated files.