Sonr is an ibc-enabled blockchain for decentralized identity.
- Passkey based User Accounts. Docs
- DKLS-MPC Powered Wallets (No seed phrases). Docs
- IPFS Database and Storage. Docs
- IBC Integrations.
- Smart Contracts. Docs
- Typescript Client SDKs. Status
- Dashboard. Status
How it works
Sonr is a combination of decentralized primitives. Fundamentally, it is a peer-to-peer identity and asset management system that leverages DID documents, Webauthn, and IPFS — providing users with a secure, portable decentralized identity.
The Sonr Identity module is responsible for managing DID based
accounts using the MPC Protocol - Docs
The Oracle module is responsible for managing Staking delegations
rewards, and token transfers - Docs
The Service module is responsible for DAO Application Service
Configurations, and Passkey authentication - Docs
Sonr is built on top of the Cosmos SDK, which is a framework for building blockchain applications in Golang. We have built the above modules to provide a decentralized identity and asset management system.
Its reccomended to install the following tools:
- Alpha: Closed testing.
- Private Devnet: May have kinks. See projects.
- Public Testnet: Stable for non-enterprise use. Join it.
- Mainnet: Coming soon. Watch status.
We are currently in transitioning to Public Testnet. Watch releases of this repo to get notified of major updates.
See additional details on these components in the whitepaper.
Community & Support
Sonr would not have been possible without the direct and indirect support of the following organizations and individuals:
- Protocol Labs: For IPFS & Libp2p.
- Interchain Foundation: For Cosmos & IBC.
- Tim Berners-Lee: For the Internet.
- Satoshi Nakamoto: For Bitcoin.
- Steve Jobs: For Taste.
Thank you for your support and inspiration!