Data Science: Some Basics
- What can Big do for you?
- What is Big Data?
- Implications for Statistics and Computation
- What is Data Science?
- Scrape web pages and pdfs. (Scripts)
- Image to Text (Python Script using Tesseract)
- Image to Text in R using the Abbyy FineReader Cloud OCR
- Image to Text in R using the Captricity API
- Web Scraping/API Applications:
- Get Social Networking Data
- Regular Expressions
- Pre-process text data
- What are databases?
- Relational Model
- Relational Algebra
- Basic SQL
- How to learn from data?
- Nearest Neighbors
- When you don't have good neighbors
- Assessing model fit
- Clarification about Big Data
- Some Applications
The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction, Second Edition
By Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani, Jerome Friedman
Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science
By John Zelle
ggplot2: Elegant Graphics for Data Analysis (Use R!)
By Hadley Wickham
Released under the Creative Commons License.