Gamegear is a collaborative website created by SOOMLA for the benefit of mobile game developers and studios. The idea originated from an internal need to study the landscape of companies in the mobile gaming space, and we've decided to let the entire community benefit from our research.
So here you have it: http://gamegear.io
SOOMLA appreciates code contributions and encourages the gaming community to evolve this site! Here's what you need to do:
Fork -> Clone -> Implement -> Test -> Pull-Request
To complete this process, you have to start from running the website locally:
Running Gamegear Locally
Gamegear is a static website powered by a Grunt build with Node.js. To run the site locally:
Install Node.js: https://nodejs.org/
Install the latest version of Grunt: http://gruntjs.com/getting-started
Install the latest version of Bower: http://bower.io/
Fork the project on Github to your account.
Clone the forked project:
git clone email@example.com:<YOUR_USER>/gamegear.io.git
Switch to the project folder:
Install all dependecies:
npm install bower install
Run the website locally:
That's it! Now you have the website up and running.
To add a new company or SDK:
client/app/sdks.js and add a new entry in the
sdks array. Make sure to:
- Add company info (name, description, year founded, HQ location) and relevant links (website, Github, Crunchbase, downloads page)
- Adhere to the lexicographic order of company names.
- Include all the platforms you support in the
platformsarray in your entry.
- Add all relevant tags, which will be used in the quick search bar. 3-6 tags should do it.
- Add a data URL with your company's favicon. We use data URLs to reduce network requests and speed up the site's load time.
The easiest way to quickly create a data URL from your company's favicon is to:
- Open the favicon in a browser at
soom.lawith your domain).
- Right click the image and save it locally.
- Convert the image to a data URL with http://dataurl.net/
When you're done implementing the changes and testing (including mobile and tablet resolutions!!!), commit your changes and submit a pull request
WARNING: Do not commit anything in the
###Deployment (Only for project maintainers)
grunt. The project is built into the
- Commit the changes in the
distfolder. In the commit message just write "Deploy"
- Push changes:
git push origin master
- Deploy the
gh-pagesas a subtree:
git subtree push --prefix dist/ origin gh-pages
SOOMLA, Elsewhere ...
Copyright and license
Code and documentation copyright 2015 SOOMLA, Inc. Code released under the MIT license. Happy gaming y'all!