Dyson Pure Cool Link Python library
This Python 3.4+ library allow you to control Dyson fan/purifier devices devices.
This library is becoming quite stable and I'll do my best to keep backward compatibility.
Dyson pure cool link devices (Tower and Desk)
Devices not tested
Air Purifier Heater and fan
The following feature are supported:
- Connect to the device using discovery or manually with IP Address
- Turn on/off
- Set speed
- Turn on/off oscillation
- Set Auto mode
- Set night mode
- Set sleep timer
- Set Air Quality target (Normal, High, Better)
- Enable/disable standby monitoring (the device continue to update sensors when in standby)
The following sensors are available:
- Temperature in Kelvin
- Dust (unknown metric)
- Volatil organic compounds (unknown metric)
Please read official documentation
How it's work
Dyson devices use many different protocols in order to work:
- HTTPS to Dyson API in order to get devices informations (credentials, historical data, etc ...)
- MDNS to discover devices on the local network
- MQTT (with auth) to get device status and send commands
To my knowledge, no public technical information about API/MQTT are available so all the work is done by testing and a lot of properties are unknown to me at this time.
This library come with a modified version of Zeroconf because Dyson MDNS implementation is not valid.
This documentation help me to understand some of return values.
Work to do
- Better protocol understanding
- Better documentation on how it is working
- Get historical data from the API (air quality, etc ...)
- Air Purifier Heater and fan support