IMPORTANT: this fork is no longer maintained as the original project (python-jabberbot) implemented all of the features of this fork. Please migrate to python-jabberbot - this fork will be deleted in few months.
Xmpp/jabber bot framework makes implementation of your jabber bot straightforward and quick.
pyjabberbot is a fork of python-jabberbot with focus on overall stability and availability of the bot.
- fault tolerance
- connection monitoring, auto-reconnect
- command handling
- python 2.6+
from python package index
or download the package and run
python setup.py install
- subclass either SimpleBot (or PersistentBot if you want connection monitoring and auto-reconnect features)
- decorate your custom methods with botcmd decorator, these methods will then serve as command handlers
- create an instance of your new class, supplying jid and password
- issue commands to your new bot