Serverless Orchestrator of Serverless Workers
sosw is a set of serverless tools for orchestrating asynchronous invocations of AWS Lambda Functions (Workers).
Please pronounce sosw correctly: /ˈsɔː səʊ/
- Python 3.6, 3.7
- boto3 (AWS SDK for Python)
See the Installation Guidelines in the Documentation.
Assuming you have Python 3.6 and
pipenv installed. Create a new virtual environment:
$ pipenv shell
Now install the required dependencies for development:
$ pipenv sync --dev
Running unit tests:
$ pytest ./sosw/test/suite_3_6_unit.py
- We follow both Semantic Versioning pattern and PEP440 recommendations where comply
- Master branch commits (merges) are automatically packaged and published to PyPI.
- Branches for planned staging versions follow the pattern:
- Make your pull requests to the latest staging branch (with highest number)
- Latest documentation is compiled from branch
docme. It should be up to date with latest staging branch, not the master. Make PRs with documentation change directly to
Follow PEP8, but:
- both classes and functions are padded with 2 empty lines
- dictionaries are value-alligned
- Fork the repository: https://github.com/sosw/sosw
- Register Account in AWS: SignUp
pipenv sync –devto setup your virtual environment and download the required dependencies
- Create DynamoDB Tables:
- Create Sandbox Lambda with Scheduler
- Play with it.
- Read the Documentation Convention.
See more guidelines for contribution in the docs.
Building the docs
Sphinx is used for building documentation. To build HTML documentation locally, use:
$ sphinx-build -ab html ./docs ./sosw-rtd
You can then use the built in Python web server to view the html version directly from
localhost in your preferred browser.
$ cd sosw-rtd $ python -m http.server
This document has been placed in the public domain.
sosw - Serverless Orchestrator of Serverless Workers The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (C) 2019 sosw core contributors <email@example.com>: Nikolay Grishchenko Sophie Fogel Gil Halperin Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.