Cross-platform sound editor for the Fred's Lab Töörö hardware synthesizer. This application was developed in close cooperation with the manufacturer.
The editor currently supports:
- Editing of most preset and multi parameters
- Loading and saving of presets as sysex files
Being an open source project, user contributions to the code are always welcome.
Using the editor is mostly self-explanatory, but there are a few things to be noted:
- The Töörö must be connected to the computer via USB. DIN MIDI will not work.
- When using a DAW at the same time as the editor, make sure it does not loopback sysex messages to the Töörö.
- You can select a MIDI input for playing the Töörö while editing via the Merge Input dropdown list on the bottom of the application window.
- Silders can be fine-controlled by holding the SHIFT key while dragging.
- To reset a slider value to it's default, use CTRL-click or right-click.
- The mouse wheel can also be used to change a slider value.
- The Töörö firmware must be V1.5 or higher. Otherwise, not all parameters can be edited.
- The application tries to detect when you change a parameter on the device itself. Unfortunately, this will not work in all cases. Use the Update from device button to force a reload of all parameters.
- A manual update must also be requested when you change a preset or change a parameter via MIDI CCs from another application or source.
- All sysex files must use .syx as file extension.
- On larger screens, the window width can be increased to improve the resolution of the sliders.
- The connection state is not always detected correctly when the Töörö is connected or disconnected while the application is running.
- Resizing the window height is possible but has no use.
- Using more than one Töörö at a time is not supported.
The following platforms were tested during development:
- Windows 10
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
- macOS 11 (Big Sur)
- Linux Mint 20.3
See separate document for detailed instructions.
Published under the MIT license. All contributions to this project must be provided under the same license conditions.
Author: Oliver Rockstedt email@example.com
If you like to support my work, you can buy me a coffee.