Booktype makes it easier for people and organisations to collate, organise, edit and publish books. Delivering frictionlessly to print, Amazon, lulu.com, iBooks and almost any ereader, Booktype facilitates collaborative production processes. No more lost manuscripts, overwritten Word files, awkward wikis or cumbersome CMSes.
Booktype is built on top of the Django web framework.
- Realtime chat on the #booktype channel on the irc.freenode.net server
- Check the #booktype hashtag on Twitter
- Booktype demo site
- Booktype manual
- Booktype issue tracker
- Booktype wiki
- Booktype-dev mailing list
- Booktype support forum
- Booktype development forum
- Booktype documentation forum
Straightforward instructions to get you started on your first dev install of Booktype can be found on the Digital Ocean community tutorials site and provide a clear path to getting an install running on a Debian 8 machine.
How to contribute
Only 4 steps:
- Fork the sourcefabric/Booktype repository. Help or direct link.
- Clone your fork
- Create new local feature branch.
- Create pull request with your feature/bugfix.
Booktype is licensed under the AGPL license.