Booktype makes it easier for people and organisations to collate, organise, edit and publish books. Delivering frictionlessly to print, Amazon, lulu.com, iBooks and almost any ereader, Booktype facilitates collaborative production processes. No more lost manuscripts, overwritten Word files, awkward wikis or cumbersome CMSes.
Booktype is built on top of the Django web framework.
- Realtime chat on the #booktype channel on the freenode.net server
- Check the #booktype hashtag on Twitter
- Booktype manual
- Booktype issue tracker
- Booktype wiki
- Booktype support forum
- Booktype development forum
- Booktype documentation forum
Straightforward instructions to get you started on your first dev install of Booktype can be found on the Digital Ocean community tutorials site and provide a clear path to getting an install running on a Debian 8 machine.
How to contribute
Only 4 steps:
- Fork the sourcefabric/Booktype repository. Help or direct link.
- Clone your fork
- Create new local feature branch.
- Run tests.
- Create pull request with your feature/bugfix.
To run tests:
- Open terminal and activate virtual environment (Booktype must be installed).
- Go to (cd command) instance root (folder with manage.py and pytest.ini file).
- Run py.test command.
- If you want pytest to print test covarage information, you should run py.test --cov-report term-missing --cov=path/to/Booktype. You can read more about coverage here: pytest-cov
Booktype is licensed under the AGPL license.