Sourcegraph is a fast, open-source, fully-featured code search and navigation engine.
- Fast global code search with a hybrid backend that combines a trigram index with in-memory streaming
- Code intelligence for many languages via the Language Server Protocol
- Enhances GitHub, GitLab, Phabricator, and other code hosts and code review tools via the Sourcegraph browser extension
- Integration with third-party developer tools via the Sourcegraph Extension API
Try it yourself
- Try out the public instance on any open-source repository at sourcegraph.com.
- Install the free and open-source browser extension.
- Spin up your own instance with the quickstart installation guide.
- File feature requests and bug reports in our issue tracker.
- Visit about.sourcegraph.com for more information about product features.
- Go (1.11 or later)
- PostgreSQL (version 9)
- Node.js (version 8 or 10)
For a detailed guide to installing prerequisites, see these instructions.
Start the development server
Sourcegraph should now be running at http://localhost:3080.
For detailed instructions and troubleshooting, see the local development documentation.
docs folder has additional documentation for developing and understanding Sourcegraph: