- Fast global code search with a hybrid backend that combines a trigram index with in-memory streaming.
- Code intelligence for many languages via the Language Server Index Format.
- Enhances GitHub, GitLab, Phabricator, and other code hosts and code review tools via the Sourcegraph browser extension.
- Integration with third-party developer tools via the Sourcegraph extension API.
Try it yourself
- Try out the public instance on any open-source repository at sourcegraph.com.
- Install the free and open-source browser extension.
- Spin up your own instance with the quickstart installation guide.
- File feature requests and bug reports in our issue tracker.
- Visit about.sourcegraph.com for more information about product features.
- Go (1.15 or later)
- PostgreSQL (v11 or higher)
- Node.js (version 8 or 10)
For a detailed guide to installing prerequisites, see these instructions.
Prebuilt Docker images are the fastest way to use Sourcegraph Enterprise. See the quickstart installation guide.
To use Sourcegraph OSS:
Sourcegraph should now be running at https://sourcegraph.test:3443.
For detailed instructions and troubleshooting, see the local development documentation.
doc directory has additional documentation for developing and understanding Sourcegraph:
- Project FAQ
- Architecture: high-level architecture
- Database setup: database best practices
- General style guide
- Go style guide
- Documentation style guide
- GraphQL API: useful tips when modifying the GraphQL API
Sourcegraph OSS is available freely under the Apache 2 license. Sourcegraph OSS comprises all files in this repository except those in the
All files in the
client/web/src/enterprise/ directories are subject to the Sourcegraph Enterprise license.