Admin Tool for Academic
An admin tool for Academic.
- Import publications from BibTeX
- Import third-party assets to generate an entirely offline site
- Install the Academic website framework
- Install Python 3 if it’s not already installed
- Version control your website with Git so that you can review the proposed changes and accept or reject them without risking breaking your site. Otherwise, if not using Git, backup your site prior to running this tool.
Open your Terminal or Command Prompt app and install Academic’s admin tool:
pip3 install -U academic
cd command to navigate to your website folder in the terminal:
academic import --bibtex my_publications.bib
--featuredFlag publications as featured (to appear in Selected Publications widget)
--overwriteOverwrite existing publications
--publication-dir PUBLICATION_DIRYour publications directory (defaults to
After importing publications, a full text PDF and image can be associated with each item and further details added via extra parameters.
Import third-party JS and CSS assets for building an offline website:
academic import --assets
Importing assets requires Academic v3+.
Run a Hugo command (pass-through):
For local development, clone this repository and install the tool using the following command:
pip3 install -e .
Copyright 2018-present George Cushen.
Licensed under the MIT License.