Project Kickstart-R provides a minimal template to create a Landing Page and Knowledge Sharing Platform with Academic and (R) Markdown. Popular applications include creating sites for organizations, software documentation, online courses, conferences, and academic labs.
Academic makes it easy to create a beautiful website for free using (R) Markdown. Customize anything on your site with widgets, themes, and language packs.
- Explore the demo
- Read the documentation
- Ask a question on the forums or Stack Overflow
- Request a feature or report a bug
- Updating? View the Update Guide and Release Notes
- Support development of Academic:
Install in 5 Steps
Open RStudio and run the following commands to create your new project website with Project Kickstart-R:
Download Project Kickstart-R to your working directory:
download.file( url = "https://github.com/sourcethemes/project-kickstart-r/archive/master.zip", destfile="project-kickstart-r.zip")
Extract the ZIP file and open the
unzip( zipfile = "project-kickstart-r.zip" )
Install the Academic framework:
blogdown::install_theme(theme = "gcushen/hugo-academic")
View your new site:
A browser tab should open, displaying your new website. Otherwise, check your RStudio console messages - you may need to restart RStudio after installing the dependencies.
Note that R content should be saved with the
.Rmarkdown file extension rather than
Finally, deploy your site to the internet.
- Academic Admin: An admin tool to import publications from BibTeX or import assets for an offline site
- Academic Scripts: Scripts to help migrate content to new versions of Academic
Copyright 2018-present George Cushen.
Released under the MIT license.