It was forked on 14 Dec 2015 as the original was no longer maintained. This is currently maintained by members of the following wireless networks:
- CTWUG - Cape Town Wireless User Group - Cape Town, South Africa
- WaFreeNet - West Australian Wireless Freenet - Perth, Austraila
WiND is distributed under GNU Affero General Public License v3 where each piece of code remains under the copyright of their respective author. Everyone can see the source code and everyone can contribute to it.
There have been changes in the Database. Please review the DB Schema before you try to use the current master source with your old installation. For your convenience there is an updater script in /tools that can only run in cli. It will try to update you db schema so be advised, backup your DB First!
(Example) root@myhost:/var/www/html/wind/tools/# php update.php
- Supports multiple users and multiple nodes per user
- Supports controling of task authorization.
- Stores all the node information a Wireless MAN will need: location, height, area, region, backbone & AP interfaces, roof view photos, subnets & hosts in a node etc.
- Provides an easy (but powerful) way of searching for specific nodes
- Using NASA's SRTM data, it graphs the Line of Sight, and Fresnel Zone between two nodes and calculates Free Space Loss for the distance between them
- Uses OpenLayers to show the nodes and their links on map.
- Can be used to manage the distribution of IP Ranges and forward/reverse DNS assigned to each node (Hostmaster)
- Fully themeable interface (using simple (X)HTML templates)
- Support for localication; Unicode/UTF-8 support
- Supports provisioning of IPv4 and IPv6 address ranges.
- Supports user logging per node for tracking.
- Integrates with BIND Nameserver for serving the IPv4 DNS zones.
- A WHOIS server is provided that serves the data using the WHOIS protocol
You can find latest documentation online on the wiki of project