The Fishification aquarium application is designed to run on a large interactive screen in a community area. In order to keep the user interaction simple and to attract people that are passing by, the aquarium metaphor is used. The mobile Fishification App allows direct interaction of Smartphones and Tablet Computer with the AquariumApp. Fishification is developed at the Cooperation Systems Center Munich (CSCM), Institute for Software Technology, Bundeswehr University Munich. (Source: Maier et al. 2013)
- JavaFX Desktop application for large interactive screens
- Mobile FishificationApp for Android Smartphones and Tablets
- Source- and Person-centric view of activity streams from Social Networking Services
- Asynchronous data collection using CommunityMashup
The AquariumApp runs on CommunityMirrors™, a framework for Ubiquitous Natural User Interfaces for Cooperation Systems and uses the CommunityMashup for data provisioning. Fishification uses CommunityMashup, a data integration solution that aggregates social activity streams from different Social Networking Services and makes them available for applications.
The FishificationApp allows remote users to feed fish and share information to the AquariumApp by selecting their personal fish.
Sonja Maier, Martin Burkhard, Peter Lachenmaier, Andrea Nutsi, Michael Koch (2013) Fishification - Visualizing Activity Streams Using the Aquarium Metaphor, Proc. Workshop Gemeinschaften in Neuen Medien (GeNeMe)
- Martin Burkhard : Project Lead, Co-Author, Software Architect and Developer
- Sonja Maier : Author, Software Developer
- Peter Lachenmaier : Co-Author, CommunityMashup Developer
- Andrea Nutsi : Co-Author, Poster Design
- Michael Koch : Co-Author, Project Manager
- Julia Paland : Sketches
- Harald Striker : Sketches, Paper Review
- Markus Albrecht : Paper Review
- Johannes Metscher : Photographer, Video Composer
- This program is made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0 which accompanies this distribution, and is available at [http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html]
- The accompanying materials are made available under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You should have received a copy of the license along with this work. If not, see [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/].
CommunityMirrors™, CommunityMashup, Soziotech.org, Sociotech.org and CSCM Logo are registered trademarks, trademarks or property of Cooperation Systems Center Munich.
Github® is a registered trademark or trademark of GitHub Inc.
Google™, Android™, the Android logo and other trademarks either registered trademarks or trademarks of Google Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Mendeley® is a registered trademark or trademark of Mendeley Ltd.
Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Oracle®, Java® and JavaFX® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Other company and product names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.