Schematics are ready! We are working on PCBs now.
TR-9 is a handheld transceiver (HT) for the M17 standard. Its specification can be found here.
The heart of TR-9 is STM32F777VI microcontroller. The handheld also contains:
- a DEM 128128A TMH-PW-N 1.44" 128x128px TFT display
- an ESP8266-12F WiFi module
- an ADF7021 chip for the RF
- an LSM9DS1 9DoF sensor
- a USB-micro connector for firmware update (so-called DFU mode)
- an SD-micro card slot for codeplug and storage
- a connector for a GNSS module
- a Kenwood connector for external MIC/SPK
RF output level can be regulated by the software. The maximum power output is 3 watts. The radio can work with both analog and digital modulation.
M17 standard was designed having Codec2 vocoder in mind. TR-9 takes advantage of STM's internal Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) hardware for optional end-to-end encryption. There is a possibility of using other block ciphers and scrambling.
This repo contains SW4STM32 project for the TR-9 board.