VegMe is a vegan and vegetarian recipe search engine powered by the Edamam Recipe API.
VegMe was created when two veggie-loving graduates of the Firehose Project wanted to exercise their new coding skills and stretch their knowledge.
On the code side, VegMe has been a platform for strengthening our expertise in features like AJAX, third-party API integration, data transfer objects, user authentication, TDD, and more.
On the veggie side, VegMe aims to provide features that are not provided in most meal planning applications that would be especially useful for those who eat a plant-based diet.
- Search for recipes based on diet type and maximum calorie count
- Save your favorite recipes
- Thumbs-down disliked recipes to remove them from search results
- See a nutritional analysis for each saved recipe
- Animate.css - CSS animations
- Better Errors - enhanced error messages
- Codeship - continuous integration platform
- Devise - authentication solution
- Figaro - secure Rails configuration
- Foundation - responsive front-end framework
- HTTParty - web service consumption
- Rspec - test suite
- Rubocop - style guide
- SimpleCov - code coverage analysis
- Simple Form - form template
- will_paginate - pagination library
Thanks Josh Dages for providing our awesome logo.