This is a modern replacement for the Spanish Taster Set (spainssetw.grf)
TT-forums thread: https://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=88456
First, go to tools folder and run
pip3 install . to grab the python dependencies.
Then you can run
build.sh or follow this manual steps :
tools/build_nml.py steamfrom the main folder
tools/build_nml.py dieselfrom the main folder
tools/build_nml.py electricfrom the main folder
If you like to copy the NewGRF to your install of OpenTTD, run
Try to reimplement all the engines and wagons from the old Spanish Taster Set, with fixed data, and some modern goodies.
Project evolution and documentation: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-FiiYils_twxTgcudiL_BsNrjCdRhsIz4bYIDnOckaI/edit#gid=0
- Investigate how use some script language like Python+templates to automatize all the boring repetitive coding.
- Add more trains form Spanish Taster Set
- Steam engines
- Steam engines
- Single unit engines
- Diesel engines
- Electric engines
- Multiple units
- Diesel units
- Electric units
- Passenger wagons
- Cargo wagons
- Alternative names, like The Dutch Trainset.
- Add a few more XIX century engines (Series 100 and 200 from Norte, etc)
- Add some post 2003 new Spanish engines
- Apply the track standard nomenclature so the engines are compatible with tracks from other NewGRF. This should allow to make a new Spanish High speed track GRF that it's compatible with other NewGRFs.
- Add "Fuel" variant of some steam engines (lower running costs)
- Parameters to show/hide some engines (hide Cercanias trains, etc)
- Incorporate narrow engines (from the FEVE GRF and a few historical used on some narrow gauge lines on Spain)
- 32bpp and x2 or x4 sprites