This bot is based on commands and features, which are explained here. This is intended to ease bot configuration and customization, separating commands in multiple files, multiple features in different folders and merging functions in Global Objects like Bot, CommandParser or Settings. This bot also works in multiple languages at the same time, useful for language rooms.
Features included in this package:
- Base: Basic commands for getting basic information, manage command permissions, languages and dynamic commands (only-text commands useful for giving information).
- Chat-Plugins: This includes a customizable database of jokes and quotes, pokemon informational commands, smogon-related commands and others like regdate or translate (to translate pokemon stuff into different languages).
- Moderation: Automated chat moderation for infractions like spam, flood, caps, stretching, etc This also includes a blacklist and welcome messages called join-phrases.
- Battle: Automated battle bot for challenges, ladder and tournaments. This also includes teams management commands. Note that this is not an artificial intelligence, so it can't learn stuff and is usually easy to win it.
- Chat Logger: Stores logs of chat rooms and/or pms. This also includes an optional logs server.
- Tournaments: A single command for creating, starting and set auto-dq of a tournament automatically. This also includes an optional tournaments leaderboards system.
- Games: A collection of chat games for your Pokemon Showdown Bot
- Auto Invite: Automatically sends '/invite [room]' to room auth of a private room when they joins other room with a relation. For example if you have a secondary staff room and you want to get invited when you join lobby.
- Youtube link recognition: If this feature is enabled in a room, when an user sends a youtube link, the bot sends a message with the title of the video.
- Group Chats: Some tools for group chats (temporal rooms) such as automated joining and automated roomauth promotion.
Pokémon Showdown Bot requires node.js to run. Install the last stable version if you do not have it.
The first step is cloning this repo, install Git if you have not it and use the following command on shell console:
$ git clone --branch=master git://github.com/Spandamn/Abyssal-Bot.git PS-Bot
You can also download a Zip of this repo and decompress it.
Then open a shell console, use
cd to reach the directory of the bot and install dependencies:
$ npm install --production
If you want to use
npm test for developement, install all dependencies with
To configure your bot, copy
config.js and edit that file. You can specify bot login credentials among other things. If you don't specify credentials, the bot will log in a random username started by 'Bot'. Read the Configuration Guide for more information
Now, to start the bot use:
$ node bot
if you have an old version of
Pokemon Showdown Node Bot and you want to update it, you can use:
git pull https://github.com/Spandamn/Abyssal-Bot.git
Don't forget to use
npm install --production after each update to re-install the outdated dependencies.
Check the configuration guide for more information.
Config.server: Server url, for example main server url is
Config.port: Connection port, Pokemon Showdown default port is
Config.serverid: Server id, main server id is
Config.autoReconnectDelay: If connection gets closed, how much time it is waiting before reconnect
Config.connectionTimeout: If connection hang up, the time to check for reconnect
Config.crashguard: If true, write errors to console instead of crashing
Config.watchconfig: If true, config.js is automatically reloaded when it is changed
Config.nick: Bot Nickname, if you don't specify a nickname, it will log in a random nickname
Config.pass: Password, if needed
Config.autoReloginDelay: If it can't login because of server issues, how much time it is waiting before relogin
Config.rooms: Array of rooms to join after login. You can specify a string value:
allfor joining all rooms,
officialfor official rooms and
publicfor not official rooms
Config.privateRooms: Specify which rooms are private
Config.initCmds: Array of commands to send after login
Config.exceptions: Specify rank exceptions. Use
userid: truefor full permissions
Config.ranks: Array of user groups ordered from lowest to highest auth
Config.globalPermissions: Global permissions that cannot be changed with
Config.commandTokens: Array of valid command characters. A command character, for example,
Config.defaultPermission: Default permision set for
this.canin commands permissions
Config.permissionExceptions: Exceptions for commands permissions
Config.botguide: Bot commands guide link
Config.pmhelp: Help message said when users pm the bot with no commands
Config.ignoreRooms:Room that will be ignored by CommandParser you you can use commands on those rooms. For example if you want to log the room without interfering with other bots commands.
Config.language: Set default language
Config.debug: Specify which console messages are shown
- Ecuacion (Owner)
- Freigeist (Languages/Translation feature and bug fixes)
- Irraquated (Languages and bug fixes)
- panpawn (YouTube feature, fixes)
- Spudling (German translation)
Edits for Abyssal Bot:
======= Part of this code is imported from other developments, so credits to: