Do a Doathon
Watch this space
The guide isn't finished yet, we're still building it. You can see a bare-bones version here.
Up in the top right, there's a button that says 'Watch'; click it, and set yourself to 'Watching'. This will send you email notifications of new discussions; if you don't want email, but would like an alert just on GitHub, change the setting in Settings -> Notification Center. They will then show up as blue marks over the bell icon on the top of the GitHub page, near your avatar.
Give us a hand
See milestones & issues for our up to date roadmap.
- Create a version of hackathons that are collaborative, more approachable and value more diverse contributions explicitly.
- Encourage events which are more action focused and that build more community.
- Experiment with bringing lots of ideas from hackathons, unconferences, OpenCon / Mozilla, satellites together.
Who we think we're aiming at, and what we think they think.
Experienced hackathon hosts
- loves creating things & having impact
- is frustrated with work dying after two intense days
- probably rather young
Experienced host of other events
- see themselves as community leader
- wants to educate
- wants to build community
Person who wouldn't normally host
- doesn't think they have time
- wouldn't know who to invite & is too scared to do so
- might be new to an area
- wants to do a "normal" event
- Mozilla Global Sprint & WOW's
- story circles
- years of event organizing & attending...