If you're here, a Particle product must be on it's way to you! Congratulations!
Shipping Timing and Tracking
All packages ship out within 2 business days of the order being placed. Our shipping partner is closed in the beginning of the month, every month. Usually they open back up on the 2nd or 3rd, so please keep these dates in mind when placing orders. Please see below to understand the timing of our shipping methods.
Tracking your package
Your order confirmation and tracking information will be sent to the email address you used to place the order. If you are having trouble finding your order, please visit our support portal and let us know. For order changes and cancellations, please also visit our support portal and let us know as soon as possible. We will do our best to change your order before it is shipped out
Domestic Shipping Methods
For domestic orders we use both UPS and USPS. A brief description of the differences can be seen below:
- USPS First-Class Mail Parcel - Usually delivered in 5 to 10 days
- USPS Priority Mail - Usually delivered in 3 days
- UPS Ground - Usually ships in 1-5 Business Days, depending on the distance from California
- UPS Three-Day Select - Usually delivered in 3 business days if placed before 12pm PST
- UPS Second Day Air - Usually delivered in 2 business days if placed before 12pm PST
Did you know orders over $200 ship for free? Well they do! You’ll see a free First Class shipping option when your basket size is over $200.
If your order is going to a PO Box, you MUST use USPS as UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes. If you choose UPS and your delivery address is to a PO box, you will be charged to reship once the order is returned to our warehouse.
We ship to your country! (Unless you live in Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Cuba, Syria, or any country that is embargoed by the US Government)
International Shipping Methods
For international orders we use both UPS and USPS. A brief description of the differences can be seen below:
- USPS First-Class Package International Service - Delivery varies by destination. Can take up to 20 business days
- UPS Worldwide Expedited - Usually is delivered in 2- 5 Business days
- UPS Saver- Usually is delivered in 1- 3 Business days if placed before 12pm PST
We ship all our products from California, but we have many distributors around the world (you can find a list of some our international distributors here.
Duties and Taxes
Additional fees such as VAT, import costs, duties, and taxes for international shipments are your responsibility and are not included in shipping and handling costs. Particle is not responsible for any extra charges once the original package has been shipped. We can’t tell you exactly what the charges will be, but here’s a duty calculator to help with estimation. If you refuse to pay these extra charges, the return shipping and any additional fees will be taken out of the cost of the order with any remaining funds being refunded to you. In the event that the extra charges exceed the value of the order, we may charge those amounts to the credit card originally used for the order.
Return to Sender
There are lots of things that can happen in the delivery process, and packages can get held up for reasons that are outside of our control. If your order gets returned to us in Gilroy, CA, we can issue you a refund or take the appropriate actions to get you a new package.
Before you get a new package or refund, we'll need to determine the following:
- What shipping address was entered when you placed the order
- The current status of the package (for example, if it is heading back to us)
- Whether there are unpaid custom charges, fees, or burdens
If the fault lies with us or our warehouse, Particle will issue the replacement shipment as soon as possible. If you entered the wrong address, you will be responsible for reshipment costs.
We include an invoice with international orders, but sometimes packages do get held up. The customs office should contact you about this, so let us know on support.particle.io if you do require any additional documentation.
We work hard to lower the shipping rates you see. If they are higher than you expected though, there are some things you can do:
- Consolidate shipments. It costs the same to ship 1 and 5 Photons.
- Use a slower shipping method
- Use one of our international distributors)
All shipping prices include a handling fee.
Any Other Questions
If you have any additional questions that aren’t answered here, please let us know at our support portal.