Note:Retired Product This product has been retired from our catalog and is no longer for sale. This page is made available for those looking for datasheets and the simply curious.
SparkFun MG2639 Cellular Shield
The SparkFun MG2639 Cellular shield is an Arduino compatible shield that gives the user access to the MG2639_V3 GSM+GPS module. The module is capable of accquiring a GPS location as well as communication with GSM networks all over the world. Phonecalls can be made, texts sent, and data pushed to and read from web pages. All the supporting circuitry is provided including translation from 2.8V of the module to a user selectable 3.3V or 5V.
The main interface is two software serial ports.
Power can be provided either from the Arduino board's VIN or from an external battery such as a lithium polymer.
- /Firmware - Example sketches that work without the Arduino library.
- /Hardware - Schematic and PCB layout for the shield. Also includes an eagle library containing the various custom footprints for this shield. Specifically the MG2639 footprint.
- /Documentation - The AT command set, hardware guide, and various other datasheets.
- /Libraries - The SparkFun MG2639 Cellular Shield library.
- /Production - Production panel files.
- Hookup Guide - To get started using the MG2639 Cellular Shield, check out our tutorial!
The hardware is released under CERN Open Hardware License 1.2. The code is beerware; if you see me (or any other SparkFun employee) at the local, and you've found our code helpful, please buy us a round!
Distributed as-is; no warranty is given.