SparkFun AS3935 Lightning Detector
The SparkFun Lightning Detector adds lightning detection to your next weather station to make sure you are aware of any potential hazardous weather heading your way. The AS3935 is capable of detecting lightning up to 40km away with an accuracy of 1km to the storm front with a sensitive antenna tuned to pick up lightning events in the 500kHz band.
There are a number of sources that can cause false positives but the lightning detector itself can reliably filter these out by default. If not, we've made sure to include settings you can configure using the lightning detector library to increase the chip's robustness to noise and false positives. The lightning detector library also gives you access to settings such as storm sensing sensitivity when detecting indoors vs outdoors, or the number of lightning strikes needed to trigger an interrupt.
- /Documentation - Datasheets, additional product information
- /Hardware - Eagle design files (.brd, .sch)
- Installing an Arduino Library - Basic instructions on installing an Arduino library
- Library - Arduino library for the AS3935 Lightning Detector
- Hookup Guide - Hookup Guide for the SparkFun AS3935 Lightning Detector
This product is open source!
Please review the LICENSE.md file for license information.
If you have any questions or concerns on licensing, please contact technical support on our SparkFun forums.
Please use, reuse, and modify these files as you see fit. Please maintain attribution to SparkFun Electronics and release under the same license.
Distributed as-is; no warranty is given.
- Your friends at SparkFun.