Distrix Web Push Demo
- Distrix System Builder and Core Services (http://www.sparkintegration.com)
- Python (http://www.python.org)
- CherryPy (http://cherrypy.org/)
- Install all requirements from above, including Distrix. Install the Distrix python client (cd DISTRIX_INSTALL_DIR/Python/Client; python setup.py install).
- Start the Distrix server ("/Distrix/Apps/Server" on Linux/OS X)
- Navigate to the WebApp directory and run "python WebApp.py"
- Open a browser and navigate to "http://localhost:8080"
- Click the "Start listening..." button
- With the WebApp agent still running, navigate to the NotificationGenerator directory and run "python NotificationGenerator.py 'My First Notification' 'Hello World'"
- Note that the text from the previous command appears in the web browser window
- Subsequent invocations of the NotificationGenerator.py agent will replace the text in the web browser with the new text passed as arguments