WPKG package recipes
A lot of it is inspired by (and copied from) the WPKG wiki so much gratitude is owed.
The following criteria must be fulfilled before the recipe is included here:
- 32-bit and 64-bit safe
- Uses "msiexec /x package_file.msi" for uninstallations whenever possible to avoid knowing CLSIDs that change
- WPKG 1.3 as it supports nested variables and chained commands
All development takes place in 'master'. This isn't great and should change.
WPKG supports regular expressions however various parts do it differently.
- use + for matching multiple characters
- use * for matching multiple characters
- If there are multiple references to the current version (file name, uninstall check, etc), then it should be included as a variable named 'version'
- All revisions should be written out WITH dots. Examples:
- All revision should have an additional identifier. This allows
overriding the central version. Examples:
- The additional revision identifier should be incremented when needed and reset to 0 when a new version is added
- Priorities are set as follows
- 10 - most normal applications
- 50 - system applications (IE8 and others)
- 100 - critical install first apps (Windows Installer 4.5)
- Rebooting - all should have their reboot priority set to "false" and only reboot (postponed) in case of 3010 or similar return codes and ONLY if absolutely needed
- Ensure that the following variables are defined in your WPKG
- NOTE more will be added for other installers such as InstallShield, InnoSetup, etc
- MSI - set to "/quiet /norestart" (without quotes)
- MSP - set to "REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=omus" (without quotes)
- SOFTWARE - set to root of the application store without trailing backslash
- WPKG - set to root of server WPKG installation without trailing backslash