CI Installer is a starting point for giving your downloadable CodeIgniter application an installer.
If you're making a CI app that is designed to be downloaded and self-hosted, CI Installer provides an easy way for the user to get the database structure and configuration in place.
NOTE: This is to be used as a starting point. You will have to customize it to make it work for your application, and you might have to dig into the code a little bit. It's pretty simple, so if you have a basic understanding of PHP you shouldn't have trouble.
- Download CI Installer, rename the folder to 'install' and put it in the root directory of your CI install (as a sibling to the /system folder).
- Make an SQL dump of your desired database structure and intial data and paste it into assets/install.sql
- Open up index.php and change "Your App" in the <title> to your app's name.
- If your CI application folder is a sibling of your system folder instead of a child (this is common), do a find/replace to replace 'system/application' with 'application' in each of this project's files.
- In index.php, around line 37 change 'welcome' to the URL of the page (in CodeIgniter) that you want the user to be redirected to after installing.
- Visit http://example.com/path/to/yourapp/install and see how it goes.
If you have problems or have recommendations, please file an issue at http://github.com/mikecrittenden/ci-installer/ or else it won't get fixed!