Spinnaker Documentation Special Interest Group
Roles & Responsibilities of the SIG Leads
Technical Writer at Armory
Technical Writer at Pivotal
Technical Writer at Google
SIG Lead Responsibility
- Coordinate communication.
- Set meeting dates and objectives for the coming year.
- Curate agenda for each meeting.
- Raise awareness of documentation gaps, including stale docs, and invite appropriate participants.
- Encourage and foster an inclusive environment.
- Identify and develop resources (people or funding) in support of documentation for Spinnaker.
Documentation SIG is responsible for the direction and organization of the Spinnaker product documentation on https://www.spinnaker.io/. The SIG's responsibilities do not include documentation related to the governance of Spinnaker. The SIG also acts as a place where users and developers can find collaborators and get help creating or modifying documentation.
SIG leads and members will develop, maintain, and prioritize a backlog of documentation projects and requests. These projects and requests are macro-level issues, such as organization. They are independent of releases and features. This prioritization will be published as the Documentation SIG Roadmap.
Scope of Work and Goals
- Encourage Spinnaker adoption by creating helpful documentation.
- Establish a common framework for evaluating and improving documentation.
- Develop, encourage, and maintain a clearly defined structure and organization for the Spinnaker documentation.
- Help developers and SIGs create documentation for new features in Spinnaker.
- Propose and drive initiatives for code-driven doc generation.
- Facilitate community contributions to the Spinnaker documentation by creating templates and style guides.
- Maintain and improve the platform for building and publishing spinnaker.io.