Nedoc (Non-Evaluating Documentation)
Nedoc is a generator of API documentation for Python 3 with the following features:
- Your code is not executed; Your program and its dependencies do not have to be installed.
- Nedoc tracks which methods were overridden and show it in the documentation.
- Inheritance of docstrings for overridden methods is supported.
- Nedoc tracks what and where was reimported.
- Resulting documentation is a set of static HTML files.
- Django documentation generated by Nedoc: https://spirali.github.io/nedoc-demo/django/django.html
- Dask/Distributed documentation generated by Nedoc: https://spirali.github.io/nedoc-demo/distributed/distributed.html
$ pip3 install nedoc
Getting started (short version)
python3 -m nedoc init MyProjectName /path/to/project python3 -m nedoc build firefox html/index.html
Getting started (longer version)
First, we need to generate
nedoc.conf; PathToProject should lead to the toplevel
directory with Python source codes (usually the directory containing toplevel
__init__.py does not have to exist).
python3 -m nedoc init <ProjectName> <PathToProject>
The command creates
nedoc.conf in the current working directory. You can edit
it for more customized settings.
The documentation is built by the following command:
python3 -m nedoc build
By default, you can find the results in