Splinesoft dot net
Source for Splinesoft.net, a purveyor of finely-crafted bits for iPhone and iPad.
Splinesoft.net is a static site...
- Generated by Jekyll
- Hosted on Amazon S3 and Amazon Cloudfront for great uptime and incredibly low cost
- With a free SSL certificate from AWS Certificate Manager for HTTPS
It's super easy to build the site and test it locally:
jekyll serve --watch
rake publish automates the entire deployment process:
- Generate the site with Jekyll.
- GZip HTML files, which can be served compressed directly from S3 for stupendously fast page load times.
- Upload GZip'd files to S3.
- Upload remaining files (images, CSS, JS) to S3.
- There is no step 5.
Files are uploaded to S3 using s3cmd, a handy command-line tool for S3.