Remote Terminal, an SSH/Telnet terminal emulator for Microsoft Windows
Remote Terminal is an SSH-2 and Telnet Terminal Emulator which lets you connect to your UNIX and Linux servers, NAS, VM hosts, virtual appliances, routers and every other system supporting SSH-2 or Telnet connections.
- Telnet protocol and SSH-2 protocol with password, keyboard-interactive and private key authentication
- multiple simultaneous connections
- virtual terminal supporting the most important ANSI/VT100 escape sequences
- SSH-2 Private Key Authentication Agent functionality including OpenSSH-style Agent Forwarding
- support for every possible screen resolution as well as portrait and snapped view
- support for the on-screen virtual keyboard
- customizable fonts, base colors and 256-colors support
You can download and install Remote Terminal from the Windows Store. The most recent version requires at least Windows 8.1, an older version is available for Windows 8.
Since switching to Git (with other projects), I am trying to follow the following guides which I find very useful.
If you want to contribute to the development of Remote Terminal, it would be great if you could familiarize yourself with them.
- How to Write a Git Commit Message by Chris Beams
- A successful Git branching model by Vincent Driessen
Remote Terminal is licensed under the GPLv3.