Writing code as a passion
Clean Code, TDD, Refactoring and SOLID Principles are my special weapons to tame codebases.
Most of my OSS can be found on my github profile.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication ~ Leonardo Da Vinci
Visit my website christianfei.com!
Coding all kinds of tech fields that bring value to me, read IoT, Crypto, Bots, Apps, CLI utilities, Automation of all kinds.
My most recent project is mega-scraper: it aims to be a simple website scraping tool with proxy support, request blocking and various optimizations.
In the field of IoT I made a watering system with a raspberry pi, camera, temperature and moisture sensors. the communication is handled via telegram. with the help of a bot I can water, request a snapshot or video of the garden and a timelapse of the past days. most importantly this enables me to water my plants remotely and seeing their current state through an image sent on a private telegram channel.
Right now I am probably writing code for
- mega-scraper - scrape a website's content with puppeteer
- this very blog
- simple-jekyll-search - search for your jekyll blog
- jenkins-stream-build - stream jenkins build logs in realtime
- simple-telegram-message - send a telegram message in one line
- pocket-sync - sync pocket items to json
- coinmarketcap-scraper - CLI for crypto historic values
- trello-recap - recap of your trello activity
- justchart - display any json as a chart
- open-weather-map-cli - CLI for weather
Depending on the weather outside, I refresh my little but solid Elixir skills
When I feel really bad, I console myself with some Haskell (completed the course FP101 at UNI Delft)
Had a chance to dabble with Python in the context of python notebooks when I was doing my first steps understanding what ML is
When I was doing Ruby I felt on top of the world
As a classic, Java, but I prefer to stay away from it
smart utility to create samples of daily market data for a given coin, start and end time