Hello fellow OSS devs!
What your support means to me...
I love OSS!
How I approach it: I try to start with an empty file in a public repo, and then make frequent commits as I build/develop it. My assumption is that what I make is the worst possible version of it; the only chance I have of making it better is putting it out there so others can help me make it better.
I have almost 60 public repos on Github, at least a dozen of them active projects in various states of progress. I have so many ideas of projects that I either want to finish or build, and your support will help me dedicate the time to do that work.
A little about me...
Kyle Simpson is a human first and then an engineer. His mission is to show the world that the culture of empathy and relational information exchange are keys to unlocking the full potential of every human in the workplace. JS and open web technologies are among Kyle's favorite tools to augment human endeavors. Kyle has published 10+ books on JS, taught thousands of developers from teams around the world, and his training videos have been watched over 750,000 hours. He's still fighting for the people behind the pixels.
I'm an author:
- I helped write the HTML5 Cookbook.
- Then, I wrote the widely acclaimed book series, You Don't Know JS 2nd-ed (@YDKJS).
- The YDKJS and FLJS books were all written in the open and can be read for free here on Github. The published books and can also be purchased.
- Nearly 200k copies of my books have been sold to date. The YDKJS repo also has over 139k stars, the 11th most starred project on Github.
I'm a teacher:
- I've taught over 7k people on core JS topics all over the world.
- All my video courses are available on Frontend Masters; well over 700k hours have been watched!
I'm a speaker:
- I've given over 200 conference talks in 25 countries on six continents.
Thank You for considering support!
11 sponsors are funding getify’s work.
Select a tier
$10 a monthSelect
Get a sponsorship badge and my deep thanks for being so awesome!
$20 a monthSelect
Help me keep up better with issues across all of my repos. You'll get the sponsorship badge!
$50 a monthSelect
Pick one of my projects (some exceptions) to support. In addition to your sponsorship badge, I'll list your name and avatar/logo/link in a "Thanks" section on that project's main README page. You'll also get top-priority on any issues you file (against any of my projects)!