Hello fellow OSS devs!
What your support means to me...
I love OSS!
How I approach it: I try to start with an empty file in a public repo, and then make frequent commits as I build/develop it. My assumption is that what I make is the worst possible version of it; the only chance I have of making it better is putting it out there so others can help me make it better.
I have over 60 public repos on Github, at least a dozen of them active projects in various states of progress. I have so many ideas of projects that I either want to finish or build, and your support will help me dedicate the time to do that work.
A little about me...
I'm an author:
- I helped write the HTML5 Cookbook.
- Then, I wrote the widely acclaimed book series, You Don't Know JS (@YDKJS).
- The YDKJS and FLJS books were all written in the open and can be read for free here on Github. The published books and can also be purchased.
- Nearly 150k copies of my books have been sold to date. The YDKJS repo also has over 111k stars, the 9th most starred on Github.
I'm a teacher:
I'm a speaker:
- I've given over 200 conference talks in 25 countries on six continents.
Thank You for considering support!
Select a tier
$10 a month
Get a sponsorship badge and my deep thanks for being so awesome!
$20 a month
Help me keep up better with issues across all of my repos. You'll get the sponsorship badge and a tweet of thanks from the @getify account (71k followers)!
$50 a month
Pick one of my projects (some exceptions) to support. In addition to your sponsorship badge, I'll list your name and avatar/logo/link in a "Thanks" section on that project's main README page. You'll also get top-priority on any issues you file (against any of my projects), and you'll get a tweet of thanks from the @getify account (71k followers)!
$250 a month
Ask me for code review/feedback of any of your OSS projects/commits/blog posts, up to 2x per month. You also get the sponsorship badge and monthly "Thank You!" tweets (with appropriately awesome GIFs!) from the @getify account (71k followers).