Straightforward review/rating functionality.
Add the following to your
Gemfile to install from git:
gem 'spree_reviews', github: 'spree/spree_reviews', branch: 'master'
Now bundle up with:
Next, run the rake task that copies the necessary migrations and assets to your project:
rails g spree_reviews:install
And finish with a migrate:
Now you should be able to boot up your server with:
Action "submit" in "reviews" controller - goes to review entry form
Users must be logged in to submit a review
app/views/spree/products/_rating.html.erb-- display number of stars
app/views/spree/products/_shortrating.html.erb-- shorter version of above
app/views/spree/products/_review.html.erb-- display a single review
Administrator can edit and/or approve and/or delete reviews.
Reviews table is quite obvious - and note the "approved" flag which is for the administrator to update.
Ratings table holds current fractional value - avoids frequent recalc...
Some points which might need modification in future:
- I don't track the actual user on a review (just their "screen name" at the time), but we may want to use this information to avoid duplicate reviews etc. See https://github.com/spree/spree_reviews/issues/18
- Rating votes are tied to a review, to avoid spam. However: ratings are accepted whether or not the review is accepted. Perhaps they should only be counted when the review is approved.
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by using prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by writing translations
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by resolving issues
- by reviewing patches
- Fork the repo
- Clone your repo
bundle exec rake test_appto create the test application in
- Ensure specs pass by running
bundle exec rspec spec
- Submit your pull request