there are other, better maintained voting apps out there now.
This app is heavily derived from the django-voting app. which can be found here:
I need to create an overview file like this one:
This app is close to the original django-voting but improved in a few ways:
- Support for more vote types.
- I added support for many more votes types, easy changeable by editing voting/vote_types.py Now not only up and down votes but any kind of vote is supported.
- No more raw sql
- The original code contained raw sql. The newer django ORM has support for aggregation
- More manager functions
- I added more aggregation functions like get_controversial, which looks op voted objects which are have about the same amount of up and down votes.
- many small code clean ups,
- more consistent functions arguments, small but necessarily changes to the template tags to support more vote types.
if you find this code useful don't hesitate to let me know.