Community Plugin Repository for Insight Developer and Insight Operations
What is Insight Developer Edition?
Insight is a VMware® Web application that gives you real-time visibility into application behavior and performance at the code-level. Released as part of vFabric and AppInsight.
- Insight DevEdition answers the question: “What just happened?”
- Insight Operations answers the question: “How does my code perform in production?”
See more at http://www.springsource.org/insight
Download Insight Developer Edition
Download Insight Developer Edition from here
Installing and Using Plugins
Plugins for different versions of Insight can be downloaded from:
Plugins must be copied into the “insight/collection-plugins” directory of an Insight Developer Edition and Insight Dashboard/Agent.
Creating a Plugin
- Clone this code
git clone https://github.com/SpringSource/spring-insight-plugins
- Develop your plugin, using the other plugins as examples, or insight [at] vmware [dot] org for advice
- Make pull request!
- Checkout our webinar on developing plugins at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR3CYnryflw
- Tutorial: http://pubs.vmware.com/vfabric51/index.jsp?topic=/com.vmware.vfabric.tc-server.2.7/devedition/tutorial-plugin.html
Requirements for a Plugin
- Must be licensed under ASL 2.0
- Contributor Agreement must be signed at: https://support.springsource.com/spring_committer_signup
- Email us the verification number and (Ideally) sign and scan the pdf
- Must have unit tests for aspects ( we have helper classes for this )
- Must include a README.textfile
- Must include a screenshot of the plugin in action
- Nice to Have: some tests for the FreeMarker template
- Nice to Have: should provide a sample webapp so we can easily start testing the plugin
insight [at] vmware [dot] com