Running booking portlet samples
Clone this wiki locally
The booking-portlet sample applications can be tested using Apache Pluto inside STS by following these steps:
- Download and unzip Pluto from http://portals.apache.org/pluto/ (these instructions used version 2.0.3).
- In STS add a "Tomcat 7.0" server, set the "Tomcat Installation Server" to the unpacked pluto distribution.
- Without yet deploying any applications, double-click the server, check "Use Tomcat Installation" and set "Deploy path" to "webapps".
- Click "Add and Remove ..." for the server and deploy the sample application
- Open http://localhost:8080/pluto/portal in a browser.
- Login as pluto/pluto and go to the Pluto Admin page.
- Under "Portal Pages" select the "Pluto Admin" page
- Add a new portal page called "webflow"
- Select "webflow" from the Portal Pages drop-down list and the appropriate sample from the portlet applications before clicking "Add".
Note: if you don't see the deployed PortletWebApp listed try the following steps:
- restart Pluto once after deploying for the first time
- undeploy, refresh, clean, deploy, start Pluto and then restart it once more
- check web.xml and portlet.xml configuration
Running With Pluto:
The steps are the same as in Running With Pluto in Eclipse. Just deploy by copying the war to the webapps directory.