Known issues with Draftail, Draft.js, contenteditable, and other dependencies #138
Draftail is based on Draft.js, and most of the editor's behavior (and bugs) comes from the framework. In the interest of tracking potential problems with the end product, here are Draft.js issues known to affect Draftail according to my testing.
When reporting an issue on Draftail, hopefully this issue will stand out and the work of tracking down the cause is simpler.
Have a look at the issue tracker.
In order not to spam the Draft.js issue tracker, the links are kept in a code snippet instead of being rendered.
* Rich text pasting creates an empty block at the beginning of the pasted content https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/pull/1052 * Pasting `<pre><code>` should not add the CODE inline style https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/394 * Copy pasting from one code block to another removes line breaks https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/407
Text drag and drop
* Select and drag text in the editor is broken, can recreate this on draftjs.org https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1454 * Drag/drop of text does not work in IE11 and Edge, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/889, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/pull/1538 * Dragging text ahead on the same line does not place the text in the right place, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/pull/1582, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1454 * Drag and drop of text breaks select all → backspace https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/895 * Internal drag/drop of text silently fails in IE https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1174 * Mouse dragging all text into non-Draft input throws lots of errors https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1240 * After drag-n-drop onChange will be broken https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1383 * Bug: Cannot read property 'getCharacterList' of undefined https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1434 * After redo drag, the selection is wrong https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1438
Nested blocks (list indentation)
* List item nesting not preserved on dedent, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/270 * Allow indentation beyond one level deeper than block above. https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/pull/762 * Indenting list block of one type inside the other https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/443 * ordered-list-item doesn't preserve ordering when nesting unordered-list-item https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1392
iOS issues: https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/labels/ios
* Holding backspace on iOS should delete words https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/436 * Jumping on focus iOS https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1075 * Text gets lost on mobile devices https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1077 * Safari on ios11 ignores contenteditable="false" inside contenteditable="true" https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1537 * iOS backspace and enter keystrokes not registering correctly with autocorrect https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1574
Android issues: https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/labels/android
* Android Web has Known Issues [Compilation of other issues] https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1895 * Autocomplete behavior is broken on Android Chrome https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/pull/1013 * Fix for input bug on Android - space or a special char clears the input https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/pull/1500, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1077 * auto-correct creates bad state in Android 5.0 https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1010 * Deleting composition and starting new one results in extra character appearing https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1011 * Backspacing and deletion of immutable/segmented entities handled incorrectly with some Android keyboards https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1066 * Wrong editorState after deleting https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1076
MS Edge and IE11
* Edge copy and paste issue (and IE11) https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/659 * Copying text in IE adds extra new lines https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/615, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1448 * Cannot paste HTML in IE https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/986 * Caret focus position incorrect after pasting text in IE10/11 https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/612 * Cannot paste text with angle brackets in IE https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/656 * Styles/colors don't paste in IE/Edge https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1164 * Choosing a spelling correction in Edge confuses Draft https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/990 * Issues with autocorrect in MS Edge https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1451 * Typing after insertSoftNewline results in extra new lines in Microsoft Edge https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1016 * Pressing Enter Immediately Reverts IE https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1018 * Buggy 'undo' history in Edge https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1172 * Selection and deleting bug in IE https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1185 * Select all bug in IE https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1186 * Firefox and Edge cursor overflow https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1430 * onFocus is not called when using focus (IE11) https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1475
* Editor scrolls to bottom when pressing enter in the middle of a big paragraph https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/304 * Focus race condition, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/pull/1515, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1507 * Lost position of the cursor when editing, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/pull/1609, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/989, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/424, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/910 * Ctrl-K (Mac) should delete to newline, not block end, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/487 * Cursor isn't scrolled into view on backspace, delete, https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/524 * Mutable entity can be broke into multiple lines. May cause bugs https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/903 * Down arrow stops working after inserting link in Firefox https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/985 * Accepting a spell check correction in chrome on a decorated entity causes an unexpected DOM change https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1469 * Some emoji gets partially deleted when pressing backspace https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1105 * Issue with undo on custom block components https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1120 * Minor bug - incorrect calcing of currentlySelectedChars at editOnBeforeInput https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1610 * Bug: ordered list items have margin that looks inconsistent between browsers https://github.com/facebook/draft-js/issues/1983
The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: