Snippets embedder for Wagtail RichTextField.
Check out Awesome Wagtail for more awesome packages and resources from the Wagtail community.
Install the package with
pip install wagtailembedder
wagtailembedder to your
settings.py in the
INSTALLED_APPS = [ ... 'modelcluster', 'wagtailembedder', 'core', ... ]
For each models registered as a wagtail.wagtailsnippets create an html file to render the template inside a RichText field.
- Templates names will match snippets models names replacing capital letters with underscores, Wagtail style.
SocialMediaLinksnippet in the
coreapp, it will look for the following template
- The variable containing the snippet instance in the template is
If no template is defined then an exception will be raised in the frontend when rendering a RichTextField with the embedded snippet in it. Make sure you write some templates for your snippets before start to embedding them.
If the snippet meta has a description field, it will show up next to the snippet name in the admin interface.
from django.db import models import django.db.models.options as options options.DEFAULT_NAMES = options.DEFAULT_NAMES + ('description',) @register_snippet class MySnippet(models.Model): # fields definition class Meta: description = "My Snippet Description"
- Make a new branch for the release of the new version.
- Update the CHANGELOG.
- Update the version number in
setup.py, following semver.
- Make a PR and squash merge it.
- Back on master with the PR merged, use
make publish(confirm, and enter your password).
- Finally, go to GitHub and create a release and a tag for the new version.