pylibmc is a Python client for memcached written in C.
See the documentation at sendapatch.se/projects/pylibmc/ for more information.
- Website: sendapatch.se/
- Github: github.com/lericson
New in version 1.2.0
This release is for the people behind reddit.com, for helping push development forward. Keep doing your thing.
- sevmer.org versioning scheme
- Fixed GIL issues
- Added CAS support (ketralnis)
- Added SASL authentication (Remoun)
- Added more detail to errors (spladug)
- Added mapping-like behavior for clients
- Fixed build errors on Mac OS X
- Moved to nose for testing
- Improved repr of clients (noah256)
- Improved IPv6 support (JshWright)
- Improved pooling behavior so it doesn't cause lock-ups
- Improved tests and testing foundation
- Improved documentation and structure
- Internalized Sphinx documentation
- Bunch of other stuff
New in version 1.1
- Removed deprecated space-based behavior names.
- Acquire and release the GIL properly, thanks ketralnis
- Add support for
- Included a more useful command-line interface
- Fixed handling of NUL-byte keys in
get_multiin binary protocol
- Fixed some valgrind-reported memory warnings
- Fixed bogus usage of time argument for delete.
- 1.1.1: Fixed tests under Python 2.5
New in version 1.0
- Lots of documentation fixes and other nice things like that.
- Nailed what appears to be the last outstanding memory leak.
- Explicitly require libmemcached 0.32 or newer.
New in version 0.9
- Added a
get_statsmethod, which behaves exactly like python-memcached's equivalent.
- Gives the empty string for empty memcached values like python-memcached does.
- Added exceptions for most libmemcached return codes.
- Fixed an issue with
New in version 0.8
- Pooling helpers are now available. See
pooling.rstin the distribution.
- The binary protocol is now properly exposed, simply pass
binary=Trueto the constructor and there you go.
- Call signatures now match libmemcached 0.32, but should work with older versions. Remember to run the tests!
New in version 0.7
- Restructured some of the code, which should yield better performance (if not for that, it reads better.)
- Fixed some memory leaks.
- Integrated changes from amix.dk, which should make pylibmc work under Snow Leopard.
- Add support for the boolean datatype.
- Improved test-runner -- now tests
build/lib.*/_pylibmc.soif available, and reports some version information.
- Support for x86_64 should now work completely.
- Builds with Python 2.4, tests run fine, but not officially supported.
- Fixed critical bugs in behavior manipulation.
New in version 0.6
- Added compatibility with libmemcached 0.26, WRT error return codes.
- Added flush_all and disconnect_all methods.
- Now using the latest pickling protocol.
New in version 0.5
- Fixed lots of memory leaks, and added support for libmemcached 0.23.
- Also made the code tighter in terms of compiler pedantics.
New in version 0.4
- Renamed the C module to _pylibmc, and added lots of libmemcached constants to it, as well as implemented behaviors.